"Scan for broken links" option not showing

Oct 16, 2009 at 11:56 AM

Hi there, 

This looks like a very useful utility. However, after deploying the solution and activating the feature in one of my site collections (WSS 3.0) the "Scan for broken links" option is not showing in Sharepoint Site Management section of the administration pages. I've tried uninstalling, re-activating and re-installing the solution but still no luck. Any suggestions?

Regards, 

Greg

Oct 26, 2009 at 7:43 PM

I am also noticing the same thing. the site linker is not available under Site Administration. Also when I go to remove it, since it didnt work, we sometimes get a feature is not installed error with the GUID that this wsp uses.

Oct 28, 2009 at 8:54 AM

Hi,

I also experienced the same problems as the two of you until I realised that the feature needs to be activated at the Central Administration SiteCollection. After activating it there the "scan for broken links" link appeared in the Site Management section.

Hope this helps!

Regards, Anna

Oct 28, 2009 at 1:52 PM

Hi Anna, 

Thanks for taking the time to post the tip. Unfortunately, in my environment the "Scan for broken links" link is still not appearing even after activating it at the Central Admin site collection level.

Regards,

Greg 

Oct 30, 2009 at 2:21 PM

where is the site collection for the Central Admin site? I do not even see the Site Collection Administration feature under Site Actions for my CA site. It is under the SSP site, but not the Central Admin site. Am i missing something?

Oct 30, 2009 at 2:36 PM

wow nevermind..i had to add myself to the Site Collection Administrators group  here and then log out and back in so I could see the Sitec Collection features. Once I activated it, i could then see it...wow..   

http://server:ca-port/_layouts/ManageFeatures.aspx?Scope=Site

Thanks for the tip Anna!